|Net Worth:||$12 Million|
|Birthday:||Sep 14, 1989|
|Age:||32 years old|
|Height:||6.3 feet (193cm)|
|Birthplace:||United States of America|
|Last Updated:||January, 2022|
Tony Finau, born in September 1989 is an American professional golf player. He currently plays for the PGA tour and has made two professional tours so far. His interest in golf started when he was 7 years. He watched Tiger Woods play golf and for the first time, he was fascinated. Finau thought Tiger Woods looked cool and he admired his style after watching his game for the first time. His younger brother Gipper had picked interest in golf before him but he was not able to go to the professional levels. Tony Finau now has a net worth of $12 million at the age of 32 years old. He started his professional career at the age of 17 so he has been able to substantially increase his net worth over a decade.
How Did Tony Finau Become Rich?
Tony Finau became rich from playing golf. He began his professional golf career in 2009 and at this time he competed with his brother Gripper. The game was on Golf Channel’s big Break-in channel and this is what exposed him to the golf world. After that, he joined the PGA tour of Canada and began playing professionally for them. It is not until 2014 when he won his first title and started making real money from his career.
After winning his first title in 2014, his career went upwards and in 2016 he won another one in the Puerto Rico Open. He also won the FedEx cup in 2018 during the PGA tour and this further increased his wealth. Tony Finau became rich from the money he makes from golf tours and also money that he gets from gifts after winning in tournaments. His professional career has been short and considering that he has only made two tours with PGA, he has managed to become rich within a short time.
What Is Tony Finau Net Worth?
It is estimated that Tony Finau has a net worth of 12 million. He has made the most amount of money in the years 2014 to 2022. Tony made the most money in 2017 and 2018 because in these years he made over $5 million. In 2018-2019, he also made over $ 4 million. So far in the season 2020-2021, he has already made over $2 million and his wealth is still growing. Most of his net worth comes from the golf tours he has been going with PGA. The two major European and Canadian tours increased his net worth significantly.
Apart from increasing his net worth through professional golf, he also does brand endorsements. In 2018, he became the brand ambassador of ping. He uses ping clubs and their bag and this is how he promotes the brand. Apart from ping, he is also the brand ambassador of Nike. You will always see him wearing Nike shoes and clothes to promote the brand. He is also the brand ambassador of STAMINAPRO, a LUMINOUS Brand, and recently signed a contract.
How Tony Finau Spends His Money?
Finau is by all standards a million in dollars. He has a beautiful home in Scottsdale that he acquired in 2021. Tony moved after living in the Salt Lake all his life. This new home is in an ideal location with many beautiful courses. It is the right place for him to live and do what he loves so this home was a good investment for him.
Tony does not just spend money on himself. He likes to give money to charity to help people in his community. Finau focuses on charities that are aimed at helping Youth Development and Education in his community. In one of those charity events, he was able to help raise $340,000. He also started Tony Finau, a charity that helps to support students from the less fortunate communities with scholarships.
A lot is not known about how he spends his money since he does not like showing off his luxurious lifestyle. He is religious so he lives a modest lifestyle with his family in Arizona although they have a big and beautiful home.
- His real name is Milton Pouha Finau.
- He is religious and goes to church together with his family. Tony attends the Mormon Church and he is never shy to talk about his beliefs. Christianity and the church are a big part of his life and he has talked about them in different interviews.
- Tony Finau is married to Alayna Galea’i-Finau and together they have four children. There is nothing much known about his wife and she stays a private life outside the limelight. Together they have four children Jraice, Leilene Aiaga, Tony and Sage.
- Finau never thought that he would play golf professionally. He came from a background where people of his ethnicity did not play golf. Golf is also an expensive game so he never thought that someone from a middle-class family could play golf professionally and excel while at it.
- In September 2020, his family faced a $16 million lawsuit from businessman Molonai Hola. The lawsuit was about how Hola helped Tony’s career with the agreement that he will be paid 20% of the amount earned from his career. Nothing much has been talked about the case since the family has not yet responded.
- He is not the only sportsperson in his family. Jabari Parker who plays for the NBA is his cousin. His brother Gripper also played golf although he did not go further to play it professionally.