|Net Worth:||$3 Million|
|Birthday:||Feb 25, 1949|
|Age:||72 years old|
|Height:||6 feet (185cm)|
|Birthplace:||United States of America|
|Occupation:||Professional Wrestler, Erestling Manager|
|Last Updated:||January, 2022|
Ric Flair is famous American ex-wrestler with a net worth of 3 million USD. Today he works as professional wrestling manager to help his younger colleagues reach top spots in this sport.
How Did Ric Flair Become Rich?
The future wrestler was born in in Memphis, Tennessee to Olive and Luther Phillips and they give him name Fred. Later, however, he was adopted by Fliehr family and his full name changed to Richard Morgan Fliehr.
Richard became obsessed with wrestling at a young age and his tutor was Verne Gagne who at a time was one of the most famous professional wrestlers in and outside of the US. In 1971, along with Verne’s son Greg Gagne, Jim Brunzell, Hossein Khosrow Ali Vaziri a.k.a. “The Iron Sheik” and Ken Patera he attended his first wrestling camp. One year later he made his debut in Rice Lake where he battled George Gadaski known as “Scrap Iron“. That’s where Richard Fliehr adopted his ring name “Ric Flair“.
Ric climber the wrestling ladder step by step. After his debut, he visited Japan in 1973 with IWE and competed in Big Summer Series that year. On February 9, 1975 Ric Flair got his first prize money after battling with Paul Jones at Mid-Atlantic TV Championship. That year he almost died after a plane crash having his back broken in 3 places, but our wrestler recovered in 3 just month!
Ric Flair won his first NWA United States Heavyweight Championship in 1977 defeating Houston Harris known at a time as “Bobo Brazil“. But that was just the beginning! In the next three years he won his 5 finals competing against Ricky Steamboat, Roddy Piper, Mr. Wrestling, Jimmy Snuka and Greg Valentine.
1980s were the golden age for Ric Flair. He beat Dusty Rhodes on September 17, 1981 and got his first NWA World Heavyweight Championship. After losing the title to Harley Race he quickly reclaimed it in 1983. In 1981, 1984, 1985, 1986 and 1989 he was awarder Wrestler of the Year by PWI. The last award he received in 1992, making him the absolute champion in this category with 6 victories.
During this time he also received several Wrestling Observer Newsletter awards and won 8 more NWA World Heavyweight Championships. His popularity increased in Asia after he took part in All Japan Pro Wrestling, whereas in the US he took the first WCW World Heavyweight Championship title in the 1991. At the time his popularity was at its peak and only Hulk Hogan could compete with him in this regard.
In 1991 he signed with the World Wrestling Federation to promote them, but in 1993 he was back to WCW. After defeating Barry Windham he hold the NWA World Heavyweight Championship title for a tenth time. In 1995 he battled against Antonio Inoki in Pyongyang, North Korea. 190 000 spectators watched this event on pay-per-view basis!
His popularity and career continued in the late 90s and at the beginning of 2000s as he was very popular among his old and new fans. In 1996-1999 Ric Flair was the main hero of the New World Order storyline and in 2000 he won WCW World Heavyweight Championship twice before they were purchased by WWF.
In 2000s Ric Flair continued to take part in WWF and WWE before his first retirement in 2008. At the time he was in his late 50s which did have major impact on his wrestling capabilities. This led to many journalists and former wrestlers claiming that he was ‘tarnishing his legacy‘ and ‘embarrassing himself‘ in or away from the ring.
But Ric Flair couldn’t live without his passion, and a year later he signed contract with the Total Nonstop Action (TNA) Wrestling for 2 years and in 2012 he returned to WWE. The deal with WWE ended only on August 3, 2021.
What Is Ric Flair Net Worth?
Ric Flair net worth is estimated to be around $3 million including his immovable assets. Most of the money were earned throughout his professional career as wrestler, but some income came from another sources. These sources being:
- His autobiography ‘To Be the Man‘ released in 2004.
- Appearances in TV-shows and movies including Baywatch, Magic Mike XXL, Stuff You Should Know and others.
- Appearances in music videos (Ric Flair Drip, Chambea).
- Advertisements contracts, the last one being TickPick where he was featured in a commercial video No Extra Flair.
Despite his ‘millionaire’ status, there is conflicting information about him having a debt of over $200,000 to the IRS. It is hard to tell whether its true or not, but he has recently underwent heart surgery which could led to some financial problems.
How Ric Flair Spends His Money?
Ric Flair owns several cars including Chevrolet SS ($72, 000), 1999 Bentley Arnage T ($72,000), Chevrolet Camaro ($61,000) and Mercedes Benz ($32,000). He lives in his house in Charlotte, North Carolina.
His house from Google Maps
- Former wrestler Teddy Long accused Ric Flair of being racist in the past. Flair never responded to these accusations.
- Since 70s the wrestler was called “The Nature Boy“. He named himself in this way to start a feud with Buddy Rogers who hold the ‘original’ title.
- Ric flair is a Republican.
- He was married several times. In 2018 he married last time to Wendy Barlow (his “maid” in WCW) in Florida. In 2022 Wendy Barlow is still Ric Flair wife.
- Ric Flair’s older son, David, is a semi-retired professional wrestler.
- His younger son, Reid, died from drug overdose (Xanax, heroin, and a muscle relaxer) in 2013.
- Ric also has two daughters named Megan and Ashley. The latter one is also a professional wrestler known as Charlotte Flair.
- He had some legal problems in the past, including road rage incident in 2005, lawsuit from Ring of Honor in 2010 and a settlement violation with Highspots in 2011 for his debts.
- In 2016 Ric Flair has announced his desire to run for presidency, but it never happened.
- He had some tensions with Hulk Hogan in 90s, but they managed to remain friends to this day.
- In August 2021 a photo of a man looking like Ric Flair was circulation around the Internet. On the photo man was giving oral sex to an unknown woman. Ric Flair denied it was him.