|Net Worth:||$3,5 Million|
|Birthday:||Sep 29, 1978|
|Age:||44 years old|
|Height:||5.9 feet (180cm)|
|Birthplace:||United States of America|
|Occupation:||Chef, TV-personality, Writer|
|Last Updated:||February, 2023|
Michael Voltaggio is an American chef, television star, and restaurant owner. He is currently 44 years old and lives in Los Angeles California. Michael is known for his adventurous cooking style. He can transform ordinary American delicacies by giving them an adventurous twist. Voltaggio gained prominence when he won a Bravo Television show Top Chef Title in 2009. Michael had been cooking since he was young but this is what changed his career to the chef that he is today. Currently, Michael has a net worth of $3.5 million.
How Did Michael Voltaggio Become Rich?
Voltaggio got rich from his culinary skills. He has been in the kitchen almost all his life until he became a millionaire. Michael started training as a chef when he was 15 at the Greenbrier Resort in West Virginia when he was under apprenticeship being taught by Certified Master Chef Peter Timmins. He was such a talented chef he graduated with a gold medal after his training at the age of 21.
Shortly after graduating from his apprenticeship, Michael started working as a sous chef in Naples Florida. His journey began as a sous chef but that was the beginning of his successful career because over the years he has worked in top restaurants in the United States such as Dry Creek Kachin and The Bazaar by José Andrés.
When he worked at The Bazaar by José Andrés he got a chance to participate in the Top Chef Television show. He competed against his brother at the show but fortunately won the title. This was the beginning of his stardom and after that he officially become a celebrity chef appearing in different television shows.
What Is Michael Voltaggio Net Worth?
Michael has a net worth of $3.5 million. He has made this money from his culinary skills and working as a chief. Since he was a teenager, he was only worked as a chef so his wealth is from his cooking skills. After finishing his apprenticeship he started working as a chef and earned money from working in different top restaurants.
However, he started making a lot of money in 2009 when he won the title of Top Chef. After gaining celebrity status Voltaggio opened his first restaurant called Ink in 2011. This restaurant was successful and even won the best restaurant in 2012. It is a fairly big restaurant that has 60 people sitting capacity but can also accommodate 10 people in a private dining space. This successful restaurant known for modern Los Angeles cuisines has significantly increased the net worth.
Voltaggio does not just make money from the restaurant. Shortly after opening Ink restaurant, he opened Ink snack. A sandwich bar that is meant to offer fun and adventurous snacks to food lovers.
Recently, Michael has gained prominence in the television world. From 2014 to 2017 he was featured in Beat Bobby Flay where he appeared as a judge and mentor. He was also part of Breaking Borders in 2015 and Holidays with the Voltaggios (2014). All these television appearances have further increased his net worth over the years.
He also makes some money through brand endorsement. Some of the brands he endorses in commercials and television include Samsung. He has been shown on television together with his brother showing the Samsung refrigerator.
How Michael Voltaggio Spends His Money?
Voltaggio recently moved his family to a new five-bedroom home. There is not much known about the details of the home but the kitchen is worth talking about. Michael was kind enough to share details of the 20ft by 20ft kitchen. He says that what attracted him to the home was the professional-looking kitchen.
Michael has spent a lot of money on the kitchen. It has a huge space not only for cooking but also for entertaining. The kitchen also comes with other high-end features like dark wood cabinets, granite countertops, and walk-in pantry, and stainless steel appliances in the kitchen. It also comes with high-end gadgets like his Samsung refrigerator.
He loves to drive race cars. Michael was spotted in Los Angeles driving an Audi race car in an event. It is not yet known whether he owns the car but he was shown appreciation for luxury cars over the years. He shares his love for luxury cars with his brother Bryan.
- Michael Voltaggio is currently not married. He was previously married to Kerri Adams and the two have two daughters Olivia and Sophia. However, he has been dating a fashion designer Sami Miro. The two post cute pictures of each other on Instagram. No one knows whether they are still together because lately, they do not appear together on Instagram.
- He is the brother of Bryan Voltaggio. The two were together on the Top Chef in 2009 and competing against each other. However, he defeated his brother but Bryan has gone ahead to become a good chef too. The two work together on different cooking projects up to date. The two started Voltaggio Steak House and they continue to work together on other projects.
- Unlike other chefs that went to culinary school, Michael Voltaggio decided to go the apprenticeship route being taught by Certified Master Chef Peter Timmins. He started learning how to cook and run a restaurant when he was 15 and by the time he was 21 he had already won a gold medal for his work.
- Unlike popular belief, Bryan and Michael are not twins. Bryan is two years older than Michael. However, the two share a lot in common including their love for cooking and business. While Bryan decided to go to culinary school, Michael went the traditional way of learning from an apprenticeship. The two brothers have achieved a lot of things together and they also run businesses together.
- Voltaggio is known for his bad boy image and love for tattoos. He says that he does not know exactly how many tattoos that he has in his body. Recently, he got a tattoo of a grilled cheese sandwich that he shared with his fans on Instagram.