|Net Worth:||$10 Million|
|Birthday:||Nov 16, 1967|
|Age:||54 years old|
|Height:||5.2 feet (157cm)|
|Birthplace:||United States of America|
|Last Updated:||July, 2022|
Lisa Bonet is an actress and ex-wife of popular actor Jason Momoa (Game of Thrones, Aquaman). In 2022 her net worth is estimated at $10 million.
How Did Lisa Bonet Become Rich?
Lisa Bonet (full name Lisa Michelle Bonet) was born to a schoolteacher Arlene Joyce Litman and an opera singer Allen Bonet. Her father is partially Jewish and her mother is African-American from Texas. She grew up in a big family, with 5 half-sisters and 2 half-brothers.
Lisa Bonet was interested in acting career from her early days and at the age of 11 the future actress was already doing commercials. It is no wonder that after graduating from Birmingham High School, in Van Nuys, California she started learn the ropes of acting by enrolling into the Celluloid Actor’s Studio located in North Hollywood.
She got her first role in 1983 in TV series St. Elsewhere as Carla, appearing in one episode called “Entrapment“. Despite her brief appearance, people in the film industry recognized her talent and she was casted into the upcoming TV series The Cosby Show as Denise Huxtable Kendall.
The sitcom premiered in 1984 and it became highly rated show in a matter of days. Lisa Bonet, as part of main cast, became a celebrity too. Her paycheck grow from a few thousands per month in 1984 to tens of thousands in later years. The series ended in 1991 with 8 seasons in total and Lisa Bonet left it a year prior. However, at a time she was already a millionaire and a well-known actress all across the US.
Throughout 1980s she has also appeared in The Cosby Show spin-off A Different World and in a neo-noir psychological horror movie Angel Heart. However, these projects were nothing in terms of wealth they brought to Lisa compared to the sitcom series.
In 1990s Lisa Bonet continued landing roles in movies and TV-series, but her interest in acting started to fade away. In 1993 she played Priscilla in a crime movie Bank Robber, the next year she starred in a series New Eden and in 1994 in a movie Final Combination as Catherine Briggs. In 1998 she starred with Will Smith in a movie Enemy of the State.
Throughout 2000s and 2010s Lisa Bonet appeared in several other B-movies and TV-series, but none were as successful as The Cosby Show. She is always remembered as Denise Kendall from that 80s show.
What Is Lisa Bonet Net Worth?
Lisa Bonet net worth is estimated at $10 million in 2022. She became a millionaire in 80s after starring in The Cosby Show and her net worth continued to grow as she received generous paychecks for modelling and commercials.
After she split with her husband Lenny Kravitz, the house they were living in was sold for $7.5 million. Lisa Bonet received part of this money.
Nowadays Lisa Bonet doesn’t do any acting, only occasionally promoting some brands. Her Instagram with 300 thousand followers helps her with that.
Lisa Bonet net growth isn’t expected to grow anytime soon as she is focused on her children most of the time.
How Lisa Bonet Spends Her Money?
Nowadays Lisa Bonet spends most of her her money on her kids. She also likes fashion and follows trends in this industry, spending part of her net worth on clothing.
In 2017 she and her ex-husband Jason Momoa bought a house in Topanga, California for $3,5 million. The 10-acre estate features a skating ramp and a climbing wall.
- Lisa Bonet won Best Young Female Superstar in Motion Picture for her work in Angel Heart.
- Her sister Kadhja Bonet is a musician.
- Lisa Bonet was married twice: her first husband was famous musician Lenny Kravitz. She married him in 1987 and divorced in 1993. Her second husband was popular actor Jason Momoa whom she started dating in 2005. Lisa married him in 2017 but divorced in 2022.
- Lenny Kravitz has a song about Lisa. It was released in 1991 and called “It Ain’t Over ‘Til It’s Over“.
- Lisa Bonet has 3 children: a daughter Zoë Isabella Kravitz (born 1988), daughter Lola Iolani Momoa (born 2007) and son Nakoa-Wolf Manakauapo Namakaeha (born 2008).
- Her daughter Zoë Kravitz is a famous actress, singer and model. Her godmother is Marisa Tomei – she co-starred Lisa Bonet in A Different World.
- Lisa Bonet has changed her official name to Lilakoi Moon in 1995. However, people still call her by her birth name which she also uses in her professional career.
- Despite being a TV-star, Lisa isn’t fond of television and doesn’t have a TV in her house.
- Lisa Bonet has done a semi-nude photo session for Rolling Stone magazine in 1988. At a time she 2 months pregnant with her daughter Zoë Kravitz.
- In 1987 she was filmed naked for a scene with Mickey Rourke in a movie Angel Heart.
- Lisa Bonet dreads have been part of her casual style for years.
- She is of mixed ethnic background.
- Lisa Bonet never done any plastic surgery.