|Net Worth:||$10 Million|
|Birthday:||Dec 25, 1971|
|Age:||51 years old|
|Height:||6.2 feet (188cm)|
|Last Updated:||March, 2023|
Justin Trudeau, by full name Justin Pierre James Trudeau, is a Canadian politician whose net worth is approximately 10 million USD in 2023. He is the 23rd and current prime minister of Canada, leader of the Liberal Party.
How Did Justin Trudeau Become Rich?
Son of the fifteenth prime minister of Canada and the daughter of James Sinclair, MP Liberal, Justin Trudeau was born on the 25th of December 1971. It is clear to see that politics have been present in his life from the very beginning. When Trudeau was six years old, his parents divorced and his mother moved out, therefore he and his two younger brothers were raised by a single father that was busy leading a country for 15 years. This situation had a big impact on Trudeau’s life.
Education-wise, Justin Trudeau followed in his father’s footsteps, attending the same college, the Jesuit-run Jean-de-Brebeuf. However, he did not get involved in politics in his early career. He studied literature at McGill University, and after graduating Trudeau worked in very different fields, from water based extreme sports and snowboard instructor, nightclub bouncer, and radio host to math teacher.
After years of keeping himself out of the political arena, Justin Trudeau finally entered the world of politics in 2006, when he chaired for the Liberal Party. Just the following year, Trudeau began his campaign for a seat in Canadian Parliament, obtaining it in 2008. He moved very smartly and quickly, becoming the Liberal Party’s leader in 2013, only to work his way up after two years when he sought Canada’s highest office.
Justin Trudeau obtained a remarkable victory in October 2015, becoming the second youngest Canadian Premier-minister ever (the first one is Charles Joseph Clark). In addition, Trudeau is the first verified PM with non-European roots since he has relatives of Malays descent.
What Is Justin Trudeau Net Worth?
Before entering the political arena, Justin Trudeau was involved in the speaker circuit. He was extremely successful and in 2007 alone he reported 467,000 USD as his income. He stands now at $10 million in 2023.
As a member of the Parliament, Justin Trudeau has a salary of 140,000 USD. That’s not all, because he also earns 178,900 USD from his role as Prime Minister. This adds up to an annual 357,800 USD, a monthly 27,000 USD, a weekly 6,680.77 USD, and a daily 1,336 USD.
Apart from his generous salary, Justin Trudeau is the beneficiary of a huge inheritance. He is not shy about it, claiming publicly that he ‘won the lottery‘. In 2013, his inheritance is estimated to be around 1.2 million USD in both cash and investments. He receives as much as 20,000 USD annually from regular dividends from the investments his predecessors made.
Justin Trudeau has also inherited a house in Montreal and a summer mansion in the Laurentian mountains. If this wasn’t enough, it is also possible that Trudeau will inherit money from Margaret Trudeau, his mother which has net worth of around 10 million USD.
How Justin Trudeau Spends His Money?
Justin Trudeau drives a 1960 Mercedes-Benz 300SL. He leads a life of luxury. For example, he proposed to his wife Sophie at the posh St. James Hotel in Old Montreal, in the royal suite. They spent the day enjoying massages and oysters. After the proposal, the couple held their wedding reception at the same expensive hotel, where they opted for a selection of desserts instead of the traditional cake, which they found too ‘tacky’.
The spouses and their three children chose not to live in the traditional residence for Prime Ministers, but in a 22-bedroom house that is paid for with public money. The traditional residence would have been the 24 Sussex Drive, but the family refuses to live there because the mansion needs major renovations that would cost somewhere over 10 million USD.
Their expensive taste is present in every aspect of the family’s life. Take for instance their diet, which reflects the opulence they cultivate in their day-to-day lifestyle. The Trudeau’s every day meals are cooked at the official residence, 24 Sussex, and are delivered by a messenger paid by the family. His monthly salary is around 40,000 USD, similar to the one the family’s nanny has. Before they let off one of the babysitters in 2016, the Trudeau children had two nannies. The meals they eat are cooked by a famous chef, Che Chartrand, and as we read in the Ottawa Citizen magazine, everything they eat, including snacks, dessert and bread is homemade.
- In 2007, Justin Trudeau played the role of a famous soldier, Talbot Papineau, in the historical TV movie The Great War.
- He is also a skilled boxer, having defeated the conservative senator Patrick Brazeau in a charity boxing match in 2012.
- During his campaign for the position of Prime Minister, Trudeau pledged to push through the legalization of marijuana in Canada, promised to work on the climate change policies and protect abortion rights.
- Justin Trudeau is a feminist. In 2015, he made headlines when he honored his campaign promise of having a gender-balanced cabinet. In order to do this, he appointed half of his cabinet position to women.
- He and his team focus on creating good jobs for the middle class. Their plan is to make life more affordable and keep Canada’s communities safe. Apart from this, they fight climate change and try to move forward on reconciliation with Indigenous Peoples.
- It is said that, as far as anyone knows, Justin Trudeau is Canada’s first prime minister with a tattoo. He has a large tattoo of the planet Earth covering his left shoulder, which he got at 23. He added another one at 40 years old, representing a Haida raven.