|Net Worth:||$4 Million|
|Birthday:||Jan 02, 1979|
|Age:||42 years old|
|Height:||5.9 feet (178cm)|
|Last Updated:||September, 2021|
Jagmeet Singh was born in Ontario Canada to immigrant parents. His parents are originally from Punjab India. He is a politician, lawyer and human rights activist. As a politician, he served as the leader of the New Democratic Party from 2017. Jagmeet Singh is known for supporting progressive tax, social equality, LGTB rights and reducing carbon emissions. When he was elected in 2017, he was the first turban-wearing MPP. He was also a visible representative of the minority of his time. It is estimated that he has a net worth of $4 million. He has made this money from his legal and political career.
How Did Jagmeet Singh Become Rich?
Jagmeet Singh started as a lawyer after getting his law degree from York University’s Osgoode Hall Law School in 2005. He joined a law firm in the Toronto area as a criminal defense lawyer. However, after working for some time he started the Singh law firm with his brother. In their law firm, they offered a lot of legal information to the public and also did pro bono work.
His legal career was short-lived when he decided to start his political career. His political career was triggered by the fact that he was not heard when he protested the visit of India trade minister Kamal Nath. The Indian trade minister had been allegedly accused of persecuting Sikhs.
In 2011, he decided to run for the Member of Parliament position in the federal elections. This was a good decision because he defeated his competitor liberal candidate Kular. He finally became the first NDP MPP in Ontario representing the peel region.
In 2017, he decided to run for leadership of his party. He won by 53% and finally became the leader of the New Democratic Party from October 2017 to date.
What Is Jagmeet Singh Net Worth?
Jagmeet Singh has a net worth of $4 from his legal and political career. He was a lawyer for six years before he decided to join politics. Some of his wealth is from his time as a lawyer although he used to do a lot of pro bono work so his real wealth from law might not be known.
Politicians make a decent living so a big percentage of their income must be from their political career. He has been in politics for a decade holding a variety of positions so he has earned some good money over the period. Singh started out as a member of parliament before he became a party leader. The money he earns from this has increased his net worth.
Jagmeet has principles and views regarding taxation and believes that the rich should pay the taxes worth their wealth. It is unlikely that he will accumulate a lot of wealth for himself since his principles regarding wealth and taxation are quite different. He is always fighting for the poor and disadvantaged members of the society so the idea of wealth accumulation might not align with what he believes.
How Jagmeet Singh Spends His Money?
Singh is always advocating for the rights of less privileged members of society. He is a social justice activist and aims to even increase the minimum wedge to $15 per hour. These are things that are meant to breach the gap between the rich and poor.
Since Jagmeet is always fighting for the poor, he tries to live a modest lifestyle to reflect what he stands for. It was rumored that he had bought a $5 million house but it turned out the information was false. He still lives a modest life and even cycles to work everything.
You cannot find a lot of information on the internet but he still lives a comfortable life. Unlike other celebrities and politicians, he does not care about showing off his wealth. He lives a modest life as he continues to advocate for the less privileged members of society.
- Singh is married to Gurkiran Kaur Sidhu who is a fashion designer. The two got married in 2018 and they are announced on August 2021 that they are expecting their first child. Singh made the pregnancy news and after the birth of their child, he was on Instagram celebrating their birth on an Instagram post.
- He is referred to as the most stylish politician. Singh is young and stylish so the press loves to take pictures of him whenever they get a chance. He is always pictured wearing custom-cut suits that fit him perfectly. His style of wardrobe is probably what makes him the most stylish politician or maybe it is political aura.
- His activism and fighting for the rights of the oppressed have some family backing. His grandfather was involved in the resistance movement of India when the British were trying to take everything from their colonies. His fighting spirit has always been a big part of his family and life.
- One of the most unique things about Singh is his modesty and love for a simple life. He loves cycling he likes to cycle to work every day. He believes that Canadians should consider cycling more as opposed to driving everywhere. Singh is even trying to come up with a national cycling strategy that will make people feel safe while cycling.
- He did not succeed at the first shot when he decided to become a politician. However, with determination, he has managed to become one of the most respected politicians that Canada has to offer.