|Net Worth:||$30 Million|
|Birthday:||Sep 02, 1961|
|Age:||60 years old|
|Height:||5.9 feet (179cm)|
|Occupation:||Actor, Producer, Director, Screenwriter|
|Last Updated:||October, 2021|
Eugenio Derbez is a well-known personality in the Mexican movie scene. He is an actor, filmmaker and scriptwriter. Eugenio has been acting almost all his life and he landed his first role when he was just 12 years. He comes from an acting background and family so it was not difficult for him to become an actor.
His mother was an actress called Sylvia Derbez while his father was a publicist known as González Salas. Derbez did not just go into acting blindly considering that his parents were already in the acting and entertainment field. He went to school and got a degree in Film Directing from the Mexican Institute of Cinematography. Eugenio currently has a net worth of $30 million from acting, producing and directing movies.
How Did Eugenio Derbez Become Rich?
Derbez became rich from his multiple talents. He is multi-talented so over the years he has been able to make money on the screen and behind the screen while still doing something that he loves. Eugenio has carved a niche for himself in Spanish movies and television series. He has not been able to break into English movies and television series.
Eugenio’s career began when he was around 12. As a kid, he used to get movie roles but at this time he was only acting as an extra. These extra roles did not give him celebrity status but he got an opportunity to learn about the acting industry. At last, in 1984 he got a major role in the television series Cachún cachún ra ra!. He later discovered that he has a talent for comedy on the Anabel program.
After years of acting, he decided to start writing television series in 1993. He wrote comedy television series that was successful in Mexico and also got a good reception in the United States. These were successful series that were still in Spanish but were getting good momentum in the United States.
In 2013 he came back as a director with the famous film Instructions Not Included. This was a low-budget movie but it still got a good audience in the United States. In 2016 he moved to Hollywood to grow his acting and filmmaking career.
What Is Eugenio Derbez Net Worth?
Eugenio has accumulated his net worth into $30 million. The money is from his long acting career that is more than two decades. He has earned money from filmmaking for a long time and he continues to grow his wealth to date.
He was acting in the mid-80s and at that time he could make up to $2500 from his acting roles. This was good money at that time and his income continued to grow. As time progressed and his acting skills improved, his income increased in the early and mid-90s. During this time he was able to make at least $10,000 from his movie roles. Eugenio has been earning from his hard work and fortunately, he was being paid at a very early age.
Apart from his acting skills, Eugenio has been making money from filmmaking and writing scripts. It is difficult to get how much he has earned from his filmmaking but in 2013 one of his movies made $8 million during one weekend. Almost all the television shows that he produced end up being a huge success and this increases his net worth.
In 2016, he recently moved to the United States to continue with his career. Joining Hollywood was a big deal for him and he said that he had been looking forward to it for a long time. His net worth will likely continue increasing.
CODA – his latest released movie in 2021
How Eugenio Derbez Spends His Money?
Eugenio is a millionaire and he lives a luxurious life. He does not show his fans everything but there have been speculations that he owns a luxurious house. Derbez was selling his house for $5.3 million. It is speculated that he already found a buyer for his house. This vintage-style house and sits in El Medio Place. He decided to sell the house when he moved together with his wife. The two now live in Los Angeles and there have been no reports on the new house that they bought.
Apart from his house, there is nothing else known about how he spends his money. We do not know about the kind of car he drives but he did a commercial with Chrysler. It is more likely that he drives a Chrysler plus other cars.
- He speaks both English and Spanish. His English is perfect considering that he now lives in the United States. Derbez has been producing movies and television series in Spanish. That might be the reason why many people think that he cannot speak English. The truth is that that was just the niche that he decided to select but he is very good at English.
- Eugenio has been married twice. He was first married to Gabriela Michel in 1986 but unfortunately, the marriage only lasted for one year. Derbez got married again in 2012 to Alessandra Rosaldo who is a singer and actress. He has four children Aislinn, Jose, Vadhir and Aitana.
- At 60 years old, Derbez is still active in the showbiz and entertainment world. He is now the host of Univision’s Premio lo Nuestro and the Latin Grammys. Eugenio lives in the United States but still plays an active role in the Latin movie scene.
- Moving from Mexico City to Beverly Hills was a difficult and emotional move for Derbez. He moved from Mexico City where he was a celebrity and his work was well known to a city where no one knew about him. Eugenio made this move with his wife and a daughter who was three years at the time.
- He is a great comedian. Derbez has established himself as a movie producer and filmmaker that many people do not know his comic side. He is a good comedian and has always been passionate about making people laugh through film.