|Birthday:||Apr 24, 1982|
|Age:||40 years old|
|Height:||5.8 feet (177cm)|
|Birthplace:||United States of America|
|Occupation:||TikTok star, Instagram celebrity|
|Last Updated:||August, 2022|
Doggface208, a viral internet sensation, has swept the international and national communities alike. It is for this reason that he has a net worth of 500,000 US Dollars.
How Did Doggface208 Become Rich?
Born Nathan Apodaca in Idaho Falls on October 24th 1982, he adopted the internet persona of ‘Doggface208’. Doggface has three siblings and attended Skyline High School and Idaho State University and Eastern Idaho Technical School. Doggface is a nickname and a homage to another artist, and the ‘208’ in Idaho falls area code.
Before his internet fame, he worked as a forklift operator, shipping and receiving agent. He also worked in the same Idaho potato plant that his father worked at; after that, he joined the firefighter team for seven years but was forced to leave that job and return to his career at the potato plant during the Covid-19 pandemic in 2020. His life before his fame was less than glamorous; he lived out of a trailer that he parked in his brother’s lawn. The trailer did not have any running water, meaning he had to find other means of showering.
However, he did not let his circumstances get the better of him; he kept a positive attitude and danced as a means to release stress and entertain those around him. In November 2017, his daughters introduced him to Tik Tok and made him his first account, Doggface208, but he posted his first video to the Getup and Dance trend that garnered him over 700,000 views and 100,000 likes. He was content with this engagement and wanted to delete his account, but his daughter encouraged him to keep going, so he continued to post dance videos on the app. When he decided to commercialize on this fame in 2019, Tik Tok banned his account for marketing his homemade merchandise. After this, he created a new account, 420doggface208, where, in September of 2020, he posted his now infamous longboarding video drinking Ocean Spray cranberry juice while listening to Fleetwood Mac’s song ‘Dreams.’
Doggface was surprised when the video garnered over 35,000,000 views and over 6,000,000 likes on TikTok. He stated that he picked the song because he grew up listening to Fleetwood Mac, and his family loves the band; his video helped the song blow upon the application and billboard charts.
What Is Doggface208 Net Worth?
Doggface’ net worth is approximately US Dollars in 2022.
Although he did not gain popularity till later 2020, he was still fairly popular and made and sold his own merchandise – he bought a sewing machine and learnt how to embroider his own merchandise with his name, Doggface because he could not afford professional production. After his TikTok popularity, he was offered a collaboration with the Zumiez store. The merchandise is now available on his website and, instead of making a few hundred dollars, his stickers were worth 15 US Dollars, his masks worth 15 US Dollars, his hats worth 30 US Dollars, his signature, branded pendant worth 30 US Dollars and his hoodies, shirts and shorts (being the most expensive) worth 50-60 US Dollars. He still makes and sells his custom merchandise.
He quit his job and works as a full-time influencer. He makes over 300,000 US Dollars from a music video and commercial appearances as well as sponsorship and merchandise deals.
He also has a YouTube channel that is a stream of income for him. The channel has over 250,000 subscribers; he created the channel in 2014. On the channel, he has gained between 100,000 to millions of views.
How Doggface208 Spends His Money?
When Doggface gained popularity, his followers amassed donations for him over 15,000 US Dollars. With the donations and commercial success, he was able to buy his father a truck and donate 5,000 US Dollars to his mother. One of his dreams was to buy his family a family home, and he was able to do so with the money he had made; he bought a 5 bedroom and 3-bathroom house worth 320,000 US Dollars (paid in cash). He also spent over 20,000 US Dollars on an engagement ring for his fiancé, Estela Chevez.
He generally lives a modest, humble life; but looks after his family.
- Doggface has two daughters from a previous relationship and is engaged to his long-time girlfriend Estela Chevez – who he met in a potato plant that the two of them worked at. They got engaged after 14 months of meeting.
- His father is of Mexican descent while his mother is of Native American descent; this is why he sports a feather tattoo on his signature shaven head.
- He is considered the internet’s uncle because of how laid back he is and how easy he is to get along with; his calm demeanour has helped him amass a large internet following.
- He is a self-taught dancer, having learnt how to dance like a child when his father would play songs by artists like Michael Jackson.
- After his video, Ocean Spray, the brand whose juice he was drinking, gifted him a Nissan ‘cranberry red’ pick-up truck because all their Cranberry-Raspberry juice sold out after his video. He traded this truck for a Chevy Silverado 1500.
- In 2020, Justin Bieber reposted Doggface’s video of him skateboarding to Justin’s song ‘Holy.’
- Mick Fleetwood, the drummer of Fleetwood Mac, recreated the video on TikTok. Stevie Nicks did not seem as enthusiastic about the trend; when Doggface tried to sell an NFT of the skateboarding clip, she refused to give her consent for the song to be used in the NFT clip. His team offered half of the earnings from the NFT clip, but she refused. The clip was posted without audio, and the starting bid of the clip was 500,000 US Dollars.
- In March 2021, his car was broken into while he was attending his daughter’s fourteenth birthday in San Francisco.
- His Facebook page has amassed over 300,000 followers, his Instagram page has amassed over 3,000,000 followers, his Twitter account has amassed over 130,000 followers.