|Net Worth:||$30 Million|
|Birthday:||Jan 13, 1997|
|Age:||24 years old|
|Height:||6.1 feet (185cm)|
|Last Updated:||September, 2021|
Connor McDavid is considered one of the best ice hockey players in the world. Born in January 1997 in Richmond, Canada he is currently the captain of the Edmonton Oilers. He grew up in the Toronto area and started playing ice hockey at a very early age. Due to his exceptional skills, he was allowed to play for the major junior league one year early. He comes from a family of sports considering his father was a coach for junior hockey. Connor started playing hockey when he was a child with older children and he has managed to win three gold medals for his national team in Canada. He has a net worth of $30 million from his professional career as an ice hockey player.
How Did Connor McDavid Become Rich?
McDavid is a young millionaire. He has accumulated his wealth in under 10 years by being the best at what he does. Connor has been playing ice hockey all his life but he started making money when he became a professional at around 19 years.
In July 2015, he signed his first professional contract with Edmonton Oilers. This was an entry-level contract and it had a lot of challenges because he got losses at the beginning. He got an injury after that and this made him miss 37 games at the beginning of his career.
Fortunately, he was able to recover fast after the injury and went back to play in February 2016. He was able to bounce back fast and in that season he managed to play 45 games. Despite not playing for long he still got the third position in NHL’s ‘Rookie of the Year. During the same year, he became the youngest captain of his team.
In 2016-2017 he was voted the fourth fasted active player to reach 100 points in his 92nd game. In 2017, Edmonton Oilers renewed his 8-year contract for 100 million. He has managed to become the highest-paid NHL player in history.
What Is Connor McDavid Net Worth?
The 24 years old Connor McDavid has a net worth of $30 million. He has made all of his money through professional ice hockey in under a decade. In 2017, he signed a $100 million contract with his time that goes for 8 years. After signing the contract, he received $14 as a signing bonus. He got the money when he was barely 18 years and he continues to earn more as his contract progresses.
Apart from the money that he earns from his contract, he also has an annual salary of $14 million. He earns this money for being a club member of the Edmonton Oilers. Connor is also the captain of the club so he is likely to earn more from his team.
Just like any celebrity, Connor also makes money from endorsement. He endorses some of the biggest brands in the world like Adidas, CCM, and Rogers Communication. From the endorsement, Connor earns around $4.5 million per year increasing his annual income.
Over the year, Connor has won awards and gained achievements. Some of these awards come with money and it is not known how much money he has made from the awards. The major awards include CHL’s scholastic player of the year and the Hart Memorial Trophy in 2017.
How Connor McDavid Spends His Money?
Connor has spent some of his money on a house. He has an 8,000 sq. foot mansion with a sleek and modern interior. The house was designed by his girlfriend Lauren who is an interior designer by profession. Recently, the house went viral on Instagram after fans saw photos on Instagram. The house has a black, silver, and white theme. One thing that is notable about the house is that it does not have any hockey memorabilia. Connor intentionally decided not to show any memorabilia on his house.
McDavid also spends money on buying luxury cars. One of the cars that he drives around frequently is a customized Kentwood Ford that was made to fit his specifications. He also has luxurious cars like a Ferrari that has been spotted in his neighborhood on several occasions. Connor has also been spotted several times driving a Range Rover.
- Connor is currently in a committed relationship. He is dating Lauren who is an interior designer born and raised in the Edmonton area. Lauren has helped him to design his current house. The two love birds have been together since 2016.
- His career started on a rocky path in 2015. He got an ankle injury that made him miss the first six weeks of the season. Fortunately, he was able to catch up and even managed to become the fourth-fastest player in that season.
- He has faced controversy in the past for showing up on Halloween with a Trump costume. After going to the Halloween party, he posted pictures on Instagram and received a lot of negative comments.
- Connor wears Jersey number 97. This is based on his year of birth and he decided to stick with the number until today. When he was younger, he used to play with older kids so he was always the underdog. With time he accepted and even decided to show his year of birth with pride. His house is even named after his year of birth.
- Together with his girlfriend, they have a miniature Berne doodle named Lenard. They like to show off the dog on Instagram and the dog has already gained “celebrity” status. On Instagram, the dog has a following of 15k followers. The dog has also appeared on country singer Brett Kissels’s song latest song.