|Net Worth:||$60 Million|
|Birthday:||Mar 14, 1948|
|Age:||73 years old|
|Height:||5.6 feet (170cm)|
|Birthplace:||United States of America|
|Occupation:||Actor, Producer, Writer, Director, Comedian|
|Last Updated:||January, 2022|
William Edward Crystal is a talented actor, director, comedian, producer, writer, and also a television host who currently has a calculated net worth of 60 million US dollars. His appearances in the box office hits such as “Rabbit Test” (1978), “When Harry Met Sally…” (1989) and working in the ABC sitcom “Soap” and his appearances as a host of “Saturday Night Live” quite often brought him into fame. He is popular for displaying all his versatile talents in the United States entertainment industry.
How Did Billy Crystal Become Rich?
Born on March 14, 1948, Billy was born to Helen and Jack Crystal with 2 brothers in the east side of Manhattan and then later moved to long beach, New York. His father who had the Commodore Music Store had a major impact on his life as Jack was also a Jazz producer and promoter for Commodore records. He completed his schooling from Long Beach High School in 1965 and then went on to attend Marshall University in Huntington, West Virginia with a baseball scholarship. He later dropped baseball and Marshall to return to New York to be with his future wife. He later got a degree from New York University where he majored in directing film and television.
He gave a solo performance and performed quite frequently at The Improv and Catch a Rising Star. In 1976, Billy played a role for an episode of All in the Family. Billy Crystal hosted The Billy Crystal Comedy Hour on NBC in 1982, but only for 2 episodes after which it got canceled. He made a parody of Fernando Lamas, whose catchphrase “You look… marvelous!”, was a huge sensation for the media. Crystal appeared as the guest star of Muppets Tonight in the third episode back in 1996. He also hosted three Grammy Awards, the 29th, 30th, and the 31st Grammy. Crystal’s first movie was Joan Rivers’ 1978 “Rabbit Test” which had the story about the world’s first pregnant man. Crystal played in the romantic comedy “When Harry Met Sally…” and got nominated for a Golden Globe. It is now revered as an iconic classic of its genre. Crystal was first asked to voice for Buzz Lightyear in the animation movie Toy Story which he turned down, the decision he would later regret due to the rise in popularity of the series. He, later on, gave a voice over for Mike Wazowski in the Pixar movie Monsters, Inc.(2001), Cars (2006), and also the voice of Calcifer for the English version of Howl’s Moving Castle(2004).
Billy is a multi-talented artist with the talent of acting, writing, and directing as well. He has contributed tremendously to the entertainment industry. The American artist has been able to earn enough royalty to live a lavish life in the United States. He has excelled in all his fields and is one of the most renowned faces in Hollywood. He has earned his hard work and invested well for a ravishing future with quite a lot of money.
What Is Billy Crystal Net Worth?
With a great contribution to the world of acting and comedy, Crystal has been able to have an estimated net worth of 60 million US dollars. Billy has other side sources of earnings as well. He is an established artist in the industry with great ability in writing, directing, and producing as well. The brilliant actor is over seventy years old but no one can deny that he still has the spark of a thirty-year-old in him. His enthusiasm and dedication towards his work have brought him to the platform he currently is.
He first entered the industry as a television person but slowly made his way through many movies. He has done a lot of voice overs for movies and shows. He has flourished in almost every part of the entertainment field and that’s what stands out the most about him.
How Billy Crystal Spends His Money?
Billy has treasured a lot of royalties as he has been a tremendous artist since the ’70s and is still flourishing his talent. He has a big mansion in the heart of the United States – Los Angeles, California. Crystal bought it for just 400 thousand US dollars way back in 1979. He has now updated the place and the value has increased to millions of dollars.
He spends time with his family away from the city quite often. He has provided a lavishing life for his family as well. As Billy knows the royalty earned is from the hard work and dedication, he doesn’t take it for granted as spends modestly. He is one of the most established artists in the entertainment world with a splendid life.
- He got married to the love of his life, Janice Crystal in 1970, and are happily together.
- Billy had to face the tragic demise of his father when he was at the mere age of fifteen. He started a solo show solely based on his relationship with his father called “700 Sundays” which won him a Tony award.
- Billy and Janice gave birth to two beautiful daughters, Jennifer and Lindsay who are equally talented actresses and producers respectively. Crystal is also a grandparent.
- He presented himself as a host for the Academy awards a total of nine times and the Grammy awards three times.
- The sweetest thing is that the artist carries a toothbrush every time he goes to host the Oscars because he used to rehearse the speeches using it during his childhood.
- The phenomenal artist has been nominated for the Emmy Awards 21 times and has won it 5 times.
- Back in the day, Crystal worked as a substitute teacher in the Long Beach Junior High School.
- He was the first one who was invited in the “Tonight Show” after Johnny Carson gave over the show to Jay Leno.
- Billy wrote a children’s book called I Already Know I love you and dedicated it to his granddaughter in the year 2004.
- He follows the Jewish religion.