|Net Worth:||$13 Million|
|Birthday:||May 19, 1957|
|Age:||65 years old|
|Height:||6.9 feet (211cm)|
|Birthplace:||United States of America|
|Occupation:||Basketball player, Coach, Businessman|
|Last Updated:||March, 2023|
Bill Laimbeer is a former basketball player, businessman, sports commenter and is currently a coach. He graduated from college in 1979 University of Notre Dame where he was playing for the college team. In the same year after graduation, he started his basketball career. Laimbeer was born and grew up in Chicago in an upper class family. Bill is known more for his coaching career than his basketball career. He was won two award in 2003 and 2015 for being coach of the year. From his coaching career, he has been able to make millions of dollars. Currently, he has a net worth of $13 million.
How Did Bill Laimbeer Become Rich?
Bill started his professional career in 1979. This was after graduating college and joining Cleveland Cavalier. However, he only played for Cleveland Cavalier and later joined Detroit Pistons. He is popular known for playing for Detroit Pistons. During his error with the Pitsons he was regarded as the most notorious player. His professional career with the Pitsons lasted for close to 14 years and he was selected for the NBA all-stars at some point in his career.
After playing professionally for over 10 years Laimbeer finally decided to retire. He was forced to retire because of back and knee injuries. Bill says that he also felt that it was time to retire. Despite being in retirement Laimbeer was always going to Piston games but he fully retired from the team in 1995.
Bill Laimbeer professional career as a basketball player has just been a topping on the icing. After retiring he started a packaging company that became successful and continues to do well. He was also involved in doing sports commentary for some time.
The hallmark of his career has been being a basketball coach. He has been the coach of Detroit Shock in the WNBA from 2002-2009. Later from 2013-2017 he was the head coach of the New York Liberty. In 2018 he took a position at the Las Vegas Aces. His coaching career has been successful with several awards in the process.
What Is Bill Laimbeer Net Worth?
Bill Laimbeer has a net worth of $13 million in 2023. He has made the money from his professional basketball career, coaching and also business. During his era as a professional basketball player he was considered the most notorious player. He played for 14 years and during this type he was able to accumulate a lot of money. He has made a lot of money as a professional player since players make good money.
A big part of Bill Laimbeer net worth that many people do not know, is his business. Laimbeer owns a packaging company that he started after retiring from professional basketball playing. The company has over 260 employees. This is to tell you that the company has a huge net worth and it adds to his personal net worth. He is not actively involved in the running for the business but it definitely adds a huge portion to his net worth.
Bill Laimbeer was involved in sports commentary but it was short-lived. This might be an insignificant part of his net worth since he does not actively do commentary now. Bill has gained a lot of his money and income from being a coach. He has a six figure salary from his coaching career. Laimbeer has been doing coaching for many years now and has even received awards while on it. He has coached for many years for different teams and earned millions of dollars from his career. Some people argue that Bill has had a successful coaching career than professional playing.
How Bill Laimbeer Spends His Money?
Laimbeer is a millionaire and he spends enough money to keep his life comfortable. He spends a lot of money in buying properties and houses. Some of the properties that he owns is a luxury condo that is situated in Minneapolis. He also has a three bedroom and three bathroom house with all the luxury features. The house has an area coverage of 2,282 square feet and he bought it at $1,070,000. He also has a two-story, four bedroom, and four bathroom home located in Florida. This home was purchased in 2007 for $1.6 million.
Apart from the houses and properties that he has bought we do not know how Laimbeer spends his money. He has managed to keep that part of his life private. He lives a private life with his wife and his family and there are no clues available on social media.
- He is married to Chris Laimbeer and together they have two children. The two have been married since 1979 and it is believed that they got married on a private ceremony. Chris Laimbeer has kept her lifestyle low key and there is nothing known about her life. She keeps her life private so there are no details about her.
- Laimbeer is a business man. Many people do not know that he runs a packaging company. He is not involved in the day to day operations but he is still the owner of the company. It is a fairly big company and has more than 260 employees.
- Bill comes from a higher middle class family. His family was fairly well to do so he did not have a lot of financial difficulties growing up. Unlike other players who are influenced by their family members to start playing, Bill did not get inspiration from anyone in his family.
- He retired at the age of 36. During this time he was nursing injuries. However the injuries were not the main reason why he retired. He says that he lost motivation and he was not willing to compete. His retirement came after he has played as a professional for over 14 years.
- Bill Laimbeer was known for his shooting skills when he was a professional player. Bill was so good that he played for the all-star four times. Unfortunately he was regularly involved in fights with other players and this was a threat to his career.