|Net Worth:||$ Million|
|Birthday:||Sep 25, 1949|
|Age:||72 years old|
|Height:||5.8 feet (179cm)|
|Birthplace:||United States of America|
|Occupation:||Actor, Singer, Director, Writer|
|Last Updated:||May, 2022|
Anson Williams is an American singer, actor, author, and movie director. Anson gained popularity after featuring as Potsie in one of the longest television Happy Days sitcoms that ran for 10 years 1974 to 1984. Currently, Anson has a net worth of $2 million from his acting and directing career.
How Did Anson Williams Become Rich?
Williams started his career very early in life. His first big breakthrough was in 1971 when he was only 22 years. This was the first time that he was featured on television in a Mac Donald’s advertisement. Shortly after that he started his acting career in 1972 he featured as Postie Weber in the comedy series loves American style.
After being in the television series Happy Days he started his writing career. He started writing scripts and producing television shows behind the camera. This was also short-lived because he quickly switched to directing in 1985.
Anson Williams has always been multi-talented and he quickly moved from acting, scriptwriting to directing. His directing career was also a success. He has directed some of the most popular movies that we have to date such as “No Greater Gift” and “Lone Star Kid“. Williams also directed popular television series such as The Secret Life of An American Teenager, Star Trek, Hercules, 7th Heaven, and Xena: Warrior Princess.
He also tried his singing career and even managed to release a single. Anson was lucky enough to get gigs to perform on different platforms such as Las Vegas and Reno.
What Is Anson Williams Net Worth?
Anson William has a net worth of $2 million that he has earned through his acting, singing, and directing career. He got his first paycheck for being in a Mac Donald’s commercial. This was when he was in his early 20s and this is what introduced him to the television career and he started earning.
He has also made money from the different movies that he has acted in and also one of the longest television series Happy Days. His acting career was not very long so he has earned most of the money from scriptwriting and directing. Most of his income comes from directing movies and television series that are known to date. He continues to earn money from the movies he produced and directed.
What many people do not know is that Anson Williams is also a businessman and entrepreneur. After directing movies for many years he decided to start a cosmetic company Starmaker Products that was founded in 1987. Apart from this first company that he founded, he has also founded other unknown companies. He is passionate about small businesses and he is always giving talks on small businesses.
Anson has also authored several books. These books are on sale to date and continue to help him earn money. Some of the books he has written include Singing to a Bulldog and The Perfect Portion Cookbook that introduced us to his cooking passion that we never knew.
After doing the first Mac Donald commercial, Anson Williams has done several adverts and products endorsement since then. He has also done product endorsement at St. Joseph’s Asprin. His singing career did not take off so he has not made any significant amount of money from it. He has only done several live performances and released one single.
How Anson Williams Spends His Money?
Anson Williams spends most of his money on charity. He owns companies that get hundred thousand dollars per year. Williams has been known to give a percentage of his proceedings to charitable trusts in the United States. He loves giving back to the community through charity.
Like any other celebrity, he has invested money in real estate. Williams owns a house in a posh area in Malibu. This is a home where he has raised his five daughters. In an interview, he speaks fondly of the home where he got an opportunity to raise his children.
There is nothing much else known about how he spends his money. Anson Williams is currently 72 years old so he does not catch up with social media where other celebrities showcase their wealth. He lives a private life together with his family.
- Anson has been married twice in his lifetime. He has first married Lorrie Mahaffey in 1978 and they later divorced in 1986 after having one daughter together. Later in 1988, he got married to Jackie Gerken and the two have been together to date. Jackie and Anson have raised five daughters together.
- He revealed that he has invented a product called Alert Drops. This is a product that was meant to wake drivers up in case they fall asleep on the wheel. This was supposed to be a lifesaving product that could save millions of drivers. It is not yet know how the progress of his invention has gone.
- Anson was sued by fellow actors for selling merchandise of the show Happy Days. The actors sued him because he owned all the rights to the show and got proceeds from the sale of merchandise without including them. However, the lawsuit has been since settled.
- Williams grew up in a traditional Jewish family. He did not initially know that he would eventually become a television star. He was an athletic person even in high school and was doing very well in sports.
- Anson grew up in a lower-middle-class family. Hollywood and entertainment was just a dream that he nurtured although he did not know anyone in the entertainment industry. However, he started nurturing his talent slowly by taking music classes and even being part of live performances in his city. His singing career brought him closer to the entertainment world.