|Net Worth:||$1 Million|
|Birthday:||Jun 20, 1985|
|Age:||46 years old|
|Height:||5.5 feet (165cm)|
|Birthplace:||United States of America|
|Last Updated:||October, 2021|
Amanda Balionis is an American broadcast journalist whose net worth is approximately 1 million USD. She has been professionally active since 2011 and has an annual salary fluctuating from 38K to 150K USD. At the moment, Balionis works as a sportscaster at CBS Sports but she is also a yoga instructor on the side.
How Did Amanda Balionis Become Rich?
Amanda Balionis was born on June 20th, 1985, in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, in a family of golf lovers that inspired her own passion for this sport. Both her grandparents and her parents were passionate about golf, therefore her own decision to pursue a career in this direction was almost like honoring a family tradition. In fact, her grandparents met while playing golf, so it is clear to see how important this sport is in the Balionis family.
Balionis applied for the Broadcast Journalism program at Hofstra University in Long Island, New York. During her university years, she did internships at ABC News Now, New York Jets, CBS2, and New York Islanders. After graduating in 2008, Balionis had a rough start in her career because it was the height of the recession and sports jobs were awfully hard to find. At first, she worked for Verizon Fios Channel 1 as a sideline reporter but later transferred to a different job, working as a high school sports reporter for MSG, in New York. After this, she landed a job at PGA TOUR, where she started working in 2011, managing tournament highlights and events.
Her career really kicked off when she started working for CBS Sports in 2017. In the beginning, Amanda Balionis worked part-time, switching to full-time in 2018. She interviewed great golfers such as Tiger Woods, John Rahm, Paige Spiranac, and Jim Herman. When it comes to career milestones, some events come to mind immediately.
First and foremost, in 2019 she was the first social media correspondent to ever work on the Super Bowl championship, where she reported on the run-up to multiple games. Amanda Balionis is a contributor to Turner Sports’ both digital and on-air golf team and works as a reporter for Callaway Golf; not to mention that she had worked on the PGA Championship and has covered the Ryder Cup.
What Is Amanda Balionis Net Worth?
Even though Amanda Balionis is one of the most successful reporters of her generation and she is liked by everyone, she is very discreet when it comes to her income and financial affairs. For this reason, it is difficult to estimate the actual figure of her total net worth which is around 1 million USD.
One thing is certain: Balionis is a very hardworking woman, managing multiple sources of income at the same time. Not only is she relevant in the broadcasting field, but she is also a certified yoga instructor and occasionally does photoshoots, commercials and appears in podcasts. If all of that was not enough, Balionis is also a social media influencer on platforms such as Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook, where she has a large number of followers (196K followers on Instagram and 129.6K followers on Twitter). Balionis is an extraordinarily strong online presence.
How Amanda Balionis Spends Her Money?
When it comes to spending her money, Amanda Balionis has a great passion: puppies. She has worked as a volunteer for the charity ‘K9 for Warriors’, where dogs are trained by professionals to become service animals for military veterans that suffer from PTSD (Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder). Her love for dogs is almost as important as the one for golf. For this reason, she recently founded her own charity called ‘Puppies and Golf’, which originally started as a simple T-shirt collaboration but soon turned into something more serious.
In 2021, Balionis launched her non-profit organization whose goal is to protect and advocate for dogs that need a family. In her organization, there is a very special place for Military veterans. She makes donations to all sorts of animal-related organizations, from shelters and adoption centers to veterinary clinics.
Apart from this, Balionis also indulges in exotic vacations with her boyfriend, and she raises a pug which costs around $1,000, and a Cockapoo costing approximately 1,200$. Even though she has not shared any details regarding her house or cars, with the income that she has (the average salary of reporters in CBS being 71,000 USD) Amanda Balionis can afford some luxury things.
- Amanda Balionis had a difficult time while she was trying to develop her career. In the beginning, nothing worked out as she wanted, and it took her more than ten years to reach the place where she had always dreamed of being, from a career point of view. With regards to this matter, Balionis claims that ‘It’s about being passionate and not giving up.’
- After graduating, she had a hard time finding a job, so Balionis had no other choice but to move back in with her parents at their house in Lancaster, Pennsylvania. She managed to get a job at the local newspaper, only to be laid off after nine months.
- Even though Amanda Balionis became famous through her work as a golf broadcaster, she always dreamed of covering football. Golf is her passion and obsession, but her fascination with the world of sports does not stop there.
- In January 2019, GOLF Magazine nominated her as one of the Most Stylish People in Golf.
- Amanda has always had a great relationship with her parents, so she was devastated when her father died in a terrible accident in 2016. She was struggling mentally and physically and developed an eating disorder.
- As a female working in a male-dominated industry, Balionis had to fight hard for what she wanted. Women are judged more harshly than men in this field of work, especially in the beginning. However, Balionis is proud to say that she has never let this situation intimidate her.
- Amanda Balionis had a specific morning ritual, which consists of a short walk on the Pacific Beach, while she drinks a cup of coffee. After her walk, she sits on the grass and stares out at the ocean. Balionis also performs Yoga daily.
- Her boyfriend is Bryn Renner.